Re: Locked myself out of Napco gemP1664 panel

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 12:38:05 AM UTC-4, lay3r3 wrote:
> So I have a bit of a wonky issue in case a few of you here are Napco expe=
rts.=20
> I set up my 1664 and was troubleshooting a weird issue with the sounder a=
nd
> managed to lock myself out of the system.  All keypads are now showing "o=
ut of
> system" as if my jumper is set to configuration.  I can access the keypad
> configuration menu as well.  But I cannot get the system back to ready st=
ate.=20
> What I did that caused this was I had a handful of un-used zones sitting =
in
> Area 2 to avoid the constant "not ready" indication on the keypads.  I al=
so
> had the keypads set to Area 1 along with everything that was wired.  Fina=
lly
> got the other zones installed so I moved them all to Area 1.  I noticed t=
he
> keypads still showed a "1" in the corner so I also removed the programmin=
> note for Area 1 in on the keypad configuration (program addresses 1425-14=
31).=20
> I saw the default for the nib was "-" so I thought the panel assumes a si=
ngle
> area if not specifying anything else.  Wellll... as soon as I hit reset t=
> back out of programming mode, all the keypads flipped to "out of system" =
and
> the system is in a perpetual state of configuration.
>=20
> I don't have a PCI-MINI so is there a way to get the system to reset itse=
lf to
> active?  I've powered it down for a period of several hours but that didn=
't do
> anything. =20
>=20
> Thoughts?
>=20
I'm not quite sure what you've done but it sounds as if you have (maybe) co=
nfigured the system to "Area 0" which doesn't exist. I think your only alte=
rnative is to get a PC mini and a copy of Quickloader to get into dealer pr=
ogramming.=20

Looking at the programming manual is says that ( * ) not ( - ) is default. =
So it would seem that you have programmed the keypad assignment to "nothing=
".

Here's some things that have occurred to me that you might try that may cau=
se something to change. Look at page 22 of the programming instructions reg=
arding the area arming /manager's mode. Maybe you can get the keypad to swi=
tch to another "area" to gain access to programming. Try some different thi=
ngs. Also, try pushing keys number 1,2,3 and 4 simultaneously. This will "r=
eset" the keypad. But I don't know how much of a reset it actually is. I ha=
ve a feeling it won't change any of the keypad programming but that its jus=
t in case the keypad gets scrambled during a power failure etc. And, what h=
appens if you actually move the programming jumper? Wait. And then move it =
back?

Again, this is unknown (to me)territory. I think ultimately you'll need the=
 Quickloader software.