Re: Sprinkler Valve Hook-Up -- UPDATE

UPDATE

Ok, so yesterday I received these fittings from California.
They are black rubberized double ended bushings with
a hex portion between.

I installed them in the valve ports and started the thread compresses
into the port.  At first getting it started was a bit of a trick but
once started the thread compresses into the port.

Then I mounted a 4x4 box with a lock nut and all looks good.  The
only thing would be is if the box is bumped hard enough the fitting
could pop out of the valve.  Most likely won't happen.

So all in all the problem is now solved.  I suggest that they include
these fitting with every valve sold in the US until the manufacturing
process can meet US standards.

All is now good.  The manufacturer actually did the right thing!!

Les