Re: Telguard trouble solved...maybe

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 7:32:30 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 7/2/2018 10:49 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>=20
>=20
> > Back afore the big blizzard of 92, I installed a cell phone that used s=
emaphore flags and a signal light from a WWII battle ship, at the front ent=
rance of a cave. It was for an indecisive hermit.
> >=20
> > Which reminds me  =E2=80=A6..
> >=20
> > Did you ever hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac who sat up al=
l night pondering the existence of doG
> >=20
>=20
> Well back afore the flood of 72, the neighbor would send up smoke
> signals to communicate to his brother in the next town.
> The problem then (and I guess even now) that on foggy days the
> communication would break down and would be difficult to decipher.
> As well as when it would rain he could not get the head end up and=20
> working due to the very high humidity.
>=20
> It was during those times of difficult or impossible communication
> that his brother would feel very lonely and despondent.  When my
> neighbor found out about his brothers condition he stated to
> write letters and handed them to a guy on a horse.
>=20
> Ahhhhhh those were the days.................................

I had a similar problem.

My friend at the time, Mr Watson and I solved the problem with a VERY long =
piece of string and a Morse Code primer. Then =E2=80=A6. when the Dixie Cup=
 was invented =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6.. well you know the rest of that story.

But anyway =E2=80=A6.. what you don't know about is that of course, all of =
this was pre Alexander G Bell. And guess who wound up working with him. Yep=
, my good friend, Mr Watson.