Re: Dell laptops are junk...

On 12/9/2018 7:01 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 5:49:59 PM UTC-5, RTS wrote:

>>> I was going to say that I still use my Radio Shack Commodore with punch cards and tape transport memory storage system so I can still play Pong  �� but I know you wouldn't believe me. :-)
>> HaHa
>>
>> well I had a paper tape ASC machine I used in the AirForce,
>>
>> then we upgraded to the new ASC II machines
>>
>> then right before I got discharged we upgraded again to the IBM
>> Cards..   LOL
>>
>> My first personal machine was the VIC-20.. sweet machine but had to
>> write all the software.
>>
>> That 2K limit was a little restricting.
>>
>> Not like today with Giga bit and Tera bit systems..
>>
>> and the old 10 bit communications was just a tad slow..
>>
>> even the comm stuff we used on early internet of 24,000 was nice
>>
>> but the 80 gig links we use now a days is damn near instant
>> communications..   LOL
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
> Yeah, I got a "sign of the times" alert awhile ago.
> I thought it was time to change the hard drive in my old Dell laptop so I brought it up to the local computer store to have them transfer all my data from my old hard drive to the new one, just because I didn't want to muck anything up by doing it myself. While I was there talking to the young man behind the counter I mentioned that I use an external modem a about 300 Baud to up/download my alarm panels. The old guy siting at the work bench says.
> "He's going to give you a blank stare" " He hasn't got a clue was a Baud is"
> I got a chuckle out of that. He was right.

I ask a supplier of modem parts for a Hayes compatible chip set one time,

like you said  they just got that blank look in their eyes..

Then asked what was so special about the "Hayes chip set".

Well trying to explain it was a waste of my time..

It seems anything older that 2016 isn't worth there time..    LOL

RTS