Re: Dell laptops are junk...

On 12/7/2018 7:08 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 9:44:05 AM UTC-5, RTS wrote:
>> As for DOS,  we still use parts of an old Alpha 4 data base and the
>> upload/download software for
>>
>> FBII's, Moose, even a few DSC's, and a couple of Summits from Israel..
>>
>> After 45 years we have quite the selection of equipment still working
>> out there...    (LOL)
>>
>> (even got a few Ademco 612 dialers around) (try finding replacement tape
>> cartridges for those) (LOL)
>>
>> as for the "Key"  mine didn't come with a key, but again it was 2nd hand..
>>
>> I did notice the hole in the back for one..
>>
>> That might be why it says the battery needs replacing..   ;-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
> I was going to say that I still use my Radio Shack Commodore with punch cards and tape transport memory storage system so I can still play Pong  �� but I know you wouldn't believe me. :-)

HaHa

well I had a paper tape ASC machine I used in the AirForce,

then we upgraded to the new ASC II machines

then right before I got discharged we upgraded again to the IBM
Cards..   LOL

My first personal machine was the VIC-20.. sweet machine but had to
write all the software.

That 2K limit was a little restricting.

Not like today with Giga bit and Tera bit systems..

and the old 10 bit communications was just a tad slow..

even the comm stuff we used on early internet of 24,000 was nice

but the 80 gig links we use now a days is damn near instant
communications..   LOL

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*