Re: Up in An Attic In August in Yuma Arizona

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 8:08:03 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 8/16/2018 8:54 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > I just remembered another event that REAAAALLY pissed me off.
> >=20
> > Installed an alarm panel on a plywood wall board down in the basement a=
nd had system operational. Shortly after the job is completed, I get a serv=
ice call that the alarm system has problems. I go to the job site, down in =
the basement and find that the telephone installation company needed space =
and my alarm panel "was in the way". They had dismounted the panel from the=
 board and hung it up by the wires on a nail above the wall board and mount=
ed the telephone KSU and all the telephone hardware taking up all the space=
 on the wall board. I can't tell you how pissed off I was and was just abou=
t ready to show the business owner what they had done and or call the compa=
ny but =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 somehow my sinister sense took =
over and I contained my rage. I told the owners that I knew what was wrong =
and would have to schedule more time to correct the  problem. I had to come=
 back to put up a new wall board, extend all the wires going to the panel t=
o reach the new panel location. BUT, when I went home that first day, I wen=
t down to my grinding wheel and gathered a hand full of metal powder that g=
ets captured in the grinding wheel protectors. When I returned to the job I=
 brought the filings. I arranged to work late after the owners left and the=
 last thing I did before I left was to blow the iron powder on to the print=
ed circuit boards in the KSU. I never said a word to the owner or anyone ab=
out what they had done. Even though the business owner had to suffer along =
with them, the Telephone service people spent a small fortune troubleshooti=
ng that system for months and ultimately found out(Because I eventually fou=
nd an opportunity to ask the owners) "We got rid of them. We had continuous=
 problems with them so we got someone else."
> >   (HE HE HE HEH HEH HEH HEH HA HA HAAH HAAH HAAAaaA) (evil laughter)
> >=20
> > YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
>=20
> WOW!!  That would be one of those stories that I would have kept to
> myself.  Although I would not have came up with the grinding powder.
> Thanks for sharing.................. I think.............
>=20
> A number of years ago I did a rough in on job easily 75 miles out.
> The building owner told the GC to gut out the utility space of any
> old "wiring".  So he did and cut off my bundle of 26 cables.(2c/4c)
>=20
> Got a call from the GC the next day embarrassingly explaining what
> he had done.  He did not realize until after he cut the cables off
> at the ceiling that these were "new" cables.  After a few minutes
> of me pulling myself off the floor and wiping tears from my eyes.
> He said he would pull all NEW cables for me and remove all the
> short runs.  When I went back to finish the install all was as if it
> never happened and was just as I had left weeks before.  Clean and neat.
>=20
> You don't find guys like that too often.  Super special!!
>=20
> Les
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Les

Hey, that's not fair.

I can't think of any "nice" stories.

But, =E2=80=A6.. then again,.... I live in New York.