Re: Up in An Attic In August in Yuma Arizona

On 8/14/2018 1:02 AM, mleuck wrote:
> On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 11:00:41 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "mleuck"  wrote in message
>>
>> On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 8:00:24 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> Ran a new cable modem cable on Saturday.  Holy crap!  How do you guys do
>>> this ever day?
>>
>> Come to Texas and see what I went through, and Florida
>>
>> **********  Just look at the high temps across the country.  Its not usually
>> in Texas or Florida.  Now the humidity in those places is killer, but I've
>> measured temps in attics here close to 160F.  Yes.  Properly cooked meat
>> temperatures.  Yes, actually took a meat thermometer into the attic and left
>> it set for a few minutes.  Mine wasn't that bad, but it was hot.  I just
>> haven't done it for a while.  I forgot how hot it used to be.  I'm telling
>> my wife next time we need to run a new cable for something its going to have
>> to wait until January.
>
> As bad as Texas attics can be they were nothing compared to Florida houses, low attics and they always had a sunroom with no attic, doors had steel beams above that prevented drilling to the attic, walls of plaster and chicken wire...ugh

And I assume those houses are built on slabs, meaning no
basement................  right??

In the northeast we also have very old houses.  With full finished
attics, basement ceilings covered with drywall, crawl spaces that have
little or no access with mud and rocks, walls built with REAL 2" x 4"
studs, fire breaks between the wall framing studs that are never at the
same level above the floor, full size additions that can't be reached
without blasting with a "quarter-stick" or two.  Boom!!

Then there is new construction. Always wanted to be the last doing the
rough-in.  Except you find out that the electrician forgot a piece of
romex wire and decided to use your wire holes because it was easier than
drilling new holes.  Or drilled through a stud into your wires, and made
repairs by twisting the colors together and then taping with his black
tape roll.  Or the Comcast guy that decided to use your pull string for
his single RG6 Quad and didn't bother to put the string back, just left
it on a pile with his cable.  I hope he reads this someday........soon.

Ahhh and so it goes, the trails and tribulations of the low voltage

Les