Re: Camera Mirror Setup

On 11/26/2017 4:54 PM, E D wrote:
> To get the signal back to the DVR: Either wifi that over thru the front glass, if you care for that, or, you can successfully use deluxe gigabit power-line adapters from the light-pole to the interior of the building. You do need to use the same leg of the 220-volt service at the building. This will transmit all the camera data as if you were actually using Cat5/6 wiring in a building.

Hi E D,

Exactly what I had planned until I found out that all of the light poles
are controlled by a photo cell and timer. Re-wiring would be a
nightmare. So that idea was moved off the table and cameras on the
building is the next best choice.

For my own edification would you mind posting the mfg and model number
of the "deluxe gigabit power-line adapters"or "premium power-line
ethernet" adapters you mentioned above. I have another project and
that might be useful.

 > I still think that the mirror idea might work, but would be
 > problematic over the long haul.

Except for some unsteady views what other issues are you thinking??

 > If the light pole is about 60' away from the camera position, then,
 > the light pole is approximately 80' from the farthest-right angled
 > roof end, and also approximately 97' from the farthest-left angled
 > roof end. Your light pole is in a favorable position to view
 > the whole view.

Your estimated dimensions are about right.  I am just thinking that
if the camera zoomed into the view of the mirror to get a closer view
of the roof line.  Without doing it I am not sure how possible or
practical it would be to do that.

As for the picture, the customer had someone locally with a DJI drone
do a flyover and took a bunch of exterior pictures of the property.
I just did a screen print capture of the corner of the building
in discussion.  Each picture is about 8meg in size.  Lotsa zoom.

Thanks,

Les