Ademco Vista 10 "OC" code issue

I got that frustrating "OC" code on my Vista 10. Here's how I ultimately ma=
naged to resolve the issue.

After coming home from a trip, I opened my door and entered my code on the =
key pad as usual ........and nothing happened. I did it over and over again=
 but after 1-minute the alarm went off. The security monitoring firm called=
 me but we could not get the alarm to stop blasting away. So with the rep s=
till on the line, I (1) got a screw driver and disconnected the Ademco AC p=
ower transformer from its wall socket and (2) opened up the Ademco control =
panel in the closet and disconnected the red wire from the battery. This st=
opped everything,including the blasting loud alarm. However, when I reconne=
cted up both AC and battery power all I got on my Vista 10's key pad was an=
 "OC" code message. Hunting through the manual, looking at other web posts,=
 and attempting different entries on the key pad did nothing. So I disconne=
cted BOTH the battery and AC power transformer, and then reconnected ONLY t=
he AC power transformer.  This solved the problem!!!!  Initially, I got a "=
dl" code on the key pad display, but it went off within about 1-minute and =
everything was back to normal.

Apparently my battery had run down to the point that it was causing an open=
 circuit (OC) condition to appear to exist. Don't know why. Don't know how.=
  Placing the system on only AC power apparently allowed the Vista 10 to re=
set on its own. I have now installed a new battery and it's fine too. (P.S.=
 You may find you are able to just reconnect up your current battery after =
your system has reset using only AC power. However, if your battery is more=
 than 3 years old you should probably replace it.)