Re: Camera Mirror Setup

"ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fOHSB.9462$5k6.9357@xxxxxxxxxxx
> On 11/26/2017 4:54 PM, E D wrote:
>> To get the signal back to the DVR: Either wifi that over thru the front
>> glass, if you care for that, or, you can successfully use deluxe gigabit
>> power-line adapters from the light-pole to the interior of the building.
>> You do need to use the same leg of the 220-volt service at the building.
>> This will transmit all the camera data as if you were actually using
>> Cat5/6 wiring in a building.
>

> Hi E D,
>
> Exactly what I had planned until I found out that all of the light poles
> are controlled by a photo cell and timer. Re-wiring would be a nightmare.
> So that idea was moved off the table and cameras on the
> building is the next best choice.

I have had good results using a charger and battery to power IP cameras,
network switches and wireless bridges when the only power source has been
timer or photo cell controlled lights.

I use a 12 volt 18AH battery charged from a NOCO Gen1 10Amp charger
For the wireless bridge I use Ubiquiti products.

My applications have been in self storage yards and apartment parking lots
which means I can mount the required weatherproof boxes on the structures,
if you could mount the weatherproof  boxes at the base of the pole or the
base of the sign then you may be able to use a similar setup and mount the
camera on the pole instead of using a mirror.

Doug