Camera Mirror Setup

Hello all,

I am curious if anyone has used a convex mirror that is focused on with
a camera from a distance to see in the opposite direction??

I have a project that involves getting a view of a roof. The problem is
that the roof is the only place for the camera to be mounted and getting
the right view is a challenge. So I was wondering if a convex mirror
were mounted on a light pole and zoom in on the convex mirror would
provide the necessary view.

Now I know physically and technically it is possible. What I don't know
are what are the challenges or unknown problems involved in setting this
up.

The camera distance to the convex mirror will be about 60' and I will
need at least a 60mm lens to zoom in on the mirror.

Anyone here ever done this and what are the difficulties experienced??

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Les