Re: Camera Mirror Setup

Hi Les,

Wow, I had envisioned a downtown, big city, Multi-story roof on an old buil=
ding before I saw your pics. Glad you sent those.

I still think that the mirror idea might work, but would be problematic ove=
r the long haul.

If the light pole is about 60' away from the camera position, then, the lig=
ht pole is approximately 80' from the farthest-right angled roof end, and a=
lso approximately 97' from the farthest-left angled roof end. Your light po=
le is in a favorable position to view the whole view.

But, where I might wander off in, is that I would locate the 2 cameras in a=
 different location, and this is assuming that I have some generous leeway =
in doing whatever I want to do.=20

If I was the owner of that building/property, the cameras would be on top o=
f the...light-pole lights! This is of course dependent on inspecting the wi=
ring specs for the light pole lights. Even if they are 220v wired, you only=
 need one leg of that 220v and the return or ground wire. You would also ha=
ve to factor in how they are switching the lights as well. But, if I had ac=
cessible un-switched 110v ac at the light-pole, I would be using it to powe=
r a 5amp power supply for the 2 cameras. I could even get some low-profile =
cams in the color of the light-pole to almost make them hard to detect.

To get the signal back to the DVR: Either wifi that over thru the front gla=
ss, if you care for that, or, you can successfully use deluxe gigabit power=
-line adapters from the light-pole to the interior of the building. You do =
need to use the same leg of the 220-volt service at the building. This will=
 transmit all the camera data as if you were actually using Cat5/6 wiring i=
n a building.

It is outside the box, but if after a thorough evaluation of the building, =
I found that I could, I certainly would. It would be reliable, and have abs=
olutely a clean view of everything, without any unknown negative factors.

Just lately, I used some premium power-line ethernet adapters where there w=
as no option to route the internet to the dvr, and it is broadcasting the c=
ustomer's cameras perfectly over the internet.

Now, how did you get such a great aerial view of that building, so fast?