Re: Burglar Alarm Face book group

"ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%wIOx.787$KC2.573@xxxxxxxxxxx
> On 9/29/2015 9:35 PM, Jim wrote:

>>> I hear you Bob, but........................
>>>
>>> I guess that I am too much like my Dad.  He was the top Ford mechanic at
>>> a local large dealership.  He was the guy that could listen to an engine
>>> with a long screwdriver up against his ear and the engine block and tell
>>> you that a certain valve had a bad gap at the rocker and was tapping or
>>> the timing was off by a frog hair.
>>>
>>> He retired at the right time since the new computer stuff was starting
>>> to takeover and he did not understand the new fangled thingies.
>>>
>>> In those days nobody could make a engine cheat on a emissions test.
>>> Well, there were no emissions test even to consider cheating on. :-)
>>>
>>> I know the new stuff can do this or that when applied and adjusted to
>>> meet the need and desires but I am just to old to strain my brain on the
>>> issue.  For me it is a lot easier to ignore and move on with the
>>> workload that I presently have.............. which is significant.
>>>
>>> Also, I was on LinkedIN for a period of time a number of years ago when
>>> I thought it might be a benefit.  Well it wasn't and I cancelled it as
>>> well.  As the saying goes; "It just ain't my cup of tea."
>>>
>>> BTW nice slip in of the https://www.facebook.com/CNCMOLDSNSTUFF
>>>
>>> Sorry, but I won't be visiting.  I included here for the additional
>>> support.
>>>
>>> Have a good next week Bob.  I have another full plate.  I have a
>>> security/camera/phone customer that thinks I might be ABLE to help them
>>> fix their dining area background music and order number paging system.
>>>
>>> Well yeaaaaaa....................
>>>
>>> Just have to figure out how to get something called Pandora connected
>>> via WiFi to a paging amp to drop in 2x2 ceiling speakers.
>>>
>>> And they pay me to do this stuff????  Cool!!
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> Hi Les,
>>
>> I do this kind of audio work on a regular basis. I don't know what your
>> specifics are but here's a little bit of information that may be useful.
>> Although Pandora is free or a paid service, the free service does have
>> it's quirks. You can only pick your category of songs but not specific
>> songs. You can choose a performer or a style of music but Pandora plays
>> pretty much what it wants to at random ..... keeping within a genre. The
>> most annoying thing about it is that the volume is not constant. Some
>> music is loud some is too soft. When I set up music systems for people I
>> try to use Sonos. This way people can play their own music from their
>> Ipads/IPhones or computers as well as choosing from about 150 internet
>> radio stations. Sonos is fabulous to work with and delivers lots of
>> smiles to the end users. They love it.
>>
>> One of the aspects of jobs like this is that their WiFi network needs to
>> be pretty robust if they want to be able to control their music from all
>> over the home. They usually don't want to go for the extra bucks up front
> [...]

Is the service licensed for commercial use?  You know that no matter what
they say or even what you write down the customer will swear under oath to
AZCAP and BMI that the you the professional contractor told them it was OK
and they had no reason not to believe you since you are the professional.
Since you are the professional everybody will say, "you should have known
better."

Restaurants and grocery stores seem to always think they can get value added
services for free.  There is royalty free music available and I have
periodically chased some down for background for MOH with a small player of
some kind.  That's not a broadcast a service though. Its pre-recorded
royalty free music.

I seem to recall it was ok to "play the radio" , but I don't think that
applies to on-line services.  I think thats putting an FM aerial on the
building and hooking it to a receiver.