Re: Burglar Alarm Face book group

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 9:07:45 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/26/2015 1:27 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > Les,
> >
> > I've never used FB for my contracting company, but it definitely genera=
tes
> > business for my mold making business.  LinkedIn too.  I periodically wr=
ite
> > an article or interesting social post, and then share it to other pages=
 as
> > well.
> >
> > Recently I had a mold customer visit me here in my shop to discuss some
> > designs we are working on.  That's pretty rare since I ship molds all o=
ver
> > the country and even around the world.  I made a big deal out of it and
> > shared it on fishing groups, tackle making groups, and even on his busi=
ness
> > page as a purely fun and social post.  It resulted in about 700 visits =
to my
> > FB page and two new custom jobs.  I imagine if I did similar things for=
 my
> > contracting business I could drives new jobs that way too.
> >
> > To go further an occassional fishing partner of mine uses socail medai =
and
> > personal contacts to drive business his way.  He is a new car salesman =
and
> > since he started doing that he has been the number one new vehicle sale=
sman
> > in his dealership every single month.  He doesn't even do the advertisi=
ng
> > side of it.  Just has a huge friends list and does things like post smi=
ling
> > pictures of people with their shiny new pickup truck.
> >
> > I hated Facebook and Linked-In just like you guys, but I have learned a
> > little bit about how to use them to drive business also.
> >
> > Add on that all my Aunts and Uncles and Cousins stay in touch through
> > Facebook...
> >
> > Bob
> >
>=20
>=20
> I hear you Bob, but........................
>=20
> I guess that I am too much like my Dad.  He was the top Ford mechanic at=
=20
> a local large dealership.  He was the guy that could listen to an engine=
=20
> with a long screwdriver up against his ear and the engine block and tell=
=20
> you that a certain valve had a bad gap at the rocker and was tapping or=
=20
> the timing was off by a frog hair.
>=20
> He retired at the right time since the new computer stuff was starting=20
> to takeover and he did not understand the new fangled thingies.
>=20
> In those days nobody could make a engine cheat on a emissions test.
> [...]

Hi Les,

I do this kind of audio work on a regular basis. I don't know what your spe=
cifics are but here's a little bit of information that may be useful. Altho=
ugh Pandora is free or a paid service, the free service does have it's quir=
ks. You can only pick your category of songs but not specific songs. You ca=
n choose a performer or a style of music but Pandora plays pretty much what=
 it wants to at random ..... keeping within a genre. The most annoying thin=
g about it is that the volume is not constant. Some music is loud some is t=
oo soft. When I set up music systems for people I try to use Sonos. This wa=
y people can play their own music from their Ipads/IPhones or computers as =
well as choosing from about 150 internet radio stations. Sonos is fabulous =
to work with and delivers lots of smiles to the end users. They love it.=20

One of the aspects of jobs like this is that their WiFi network needs to be=
 pretty robust if they want to be able to control their music from all over=
 the home. They usually don't want to go for the extra bucks up front but o=
nce they get a taste of being able to control their music from their I/Phon=
e/Pad they want to do if from anywhere in the house and then I get called b=
ack to enhance the WiFi network.  I usually wind up installing wireless acc=
ess points or additional routers with DHCP disabled. Also, the Power line c=
arrier IP network extenders work pretty good in getting the network to othe=
r parts of the house without having to run wires. It takes some practice to=
 learn how to install them quickly but once you've mastered it .... it work=
s great. There are new ones out now that not only carry the hardwire networ=
k but also create a WiFi area from the plug in unit.=20

Anyway, If you need any help, let me know.