Re: Burglar Alarm Face book group

Les,

I've never used FB for my contracting company, but it definitely generates
business for my mold making business.  LinkedIn too.  I periodically write
an article or interesting social post, and then share it to other pages as
well.

Recently I had a mold customer visit me here in my shop to discuss some
designs we are working on.  That's pretty rare since I ship molds all over
the country and even around the world.  I made a big deal out of it and
shared it on fishing groups, tackle making groups, and even on his business
page as a purely fun and social post.  It resulted in about 700 visits to my
FB page and two new custom jobs.  I imagine if I did similar things for my
contracting business I could drives new jobs that way too.

To go further an occassional fishing partner of mine uses socail medai and
personal contacts to drive business his way.  He is a new car salesman and
since he started doing that he has been the number one new vehicle salesman
in his dealership every single month.  He doesn't even do the advertising
side of it.  Just has a huge friends list and does things like post smiling
pictures of people with their shiny new pickup truck.

I hated Facebook and Linked-In just like you guys, but I have learned a
little bit about how to use them to drive business also.

Add on that all my Aunts and Uncles and Cousins stay in touch through
Facebook...

Bob