Re: Please recommend a non-monitored system

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 4:34:46 PM UTC-5, tourman wrote:
=20
> Times are a changing my man...in our neck of the woods, long term contrac=
ts are costing companies big money in losses to loads of other companies wh=
o only go month to month. Most smaller companies are now migrating that way=
.=20
>=20
> Companies should earn a customers business; not arbitrarily demand it thr=
ough long term contracts. But we've been through this hoop before, and fran=
kly, I don't give a hoot what others do...all the more business for us. My =
son now has the prime working part of the business and it's booming at twic=
e the rate I was experiencing.
>=20
> Interesting point though..ADT are now worried that with all the home auto=
mation features available with most alarms, which give clients such tremend=
ous control over their alarm, that clients will no longer wish their alarms=
 monitored. So rather than explain the perfectly legitimate reasons why the=
y should continue to do so, they'll probably just go for even longer contra=
cts. Which will mean even more takeovers for us.....Go ADT..I love companie=
s that shoot themselves in the foot because they are unable or unwilling to=
 see past the end of their noses
>=20
> I just LOVE long term contracts.....

So will I, when I cash out. $46.00 on the dollar right now for 2 year or mo=
re contracts.=20

I'll guess that you'll be getting about $00.46 regardless of what people ar=
e telling you that they're willing to pay you now. When you get to the tabl=
e, is when you'll discover the cost of your foolishness. There's just no ge=
tting around it. Term contracts are what buyers look for in spite of what y=
ou have deluded yourself into thinking. Also, you'll probably not ever see =
it personally but your son will someday have to "pay the piper".

=20