Re: Please recommend a non-monitored system

On Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 10:18:26 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> On Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 9:33:52 AM UTC-5, tourman wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 3:33:59 PM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
ors on those doors and if they are tripped a loud siren will sound. I will =
install it myself.
n of a non-monitored system... http://tinyurl.com/nn655zm
> > >=20
> > > However, I'll try to be slightly more useful and also provide this li=
nk: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/swann-magnetic-window-or-door-alarm-0=
460159p.html
> > >=20
> > > On the other hand, as has been mentioned by someone else on here alre=
ady, the people on this forum install real alarm systems.  I personally wou=
ldn't use the type of alarm in the Cdn Tire link, or any system I could buy=
 from a store like Cdn Tire, Walmart, etc.  Ever notice that these stores d=
on't use the alarm equipment they sell?  They must get a good deal on parts=
 and could get a staff member to install them in a day for practically noth=
ing, but still no.
> > >=20
> > > Bottom line is that if you want a system you can rely on: get a real =
system, get it professionally installed, and get it professionally monitore=
d.
> > >=20
> > > - Chris
> >=20
> > Your advice is spot on. DIY systems are next to worthless. These people=
 assume simply calling a cell phone is sufficient 'response' to any alarm. =
After 100's of alarms at the monitoring station, the reports show it's pret=
ty obvious that one number clearly doesn't cut it.
> >=20
> > On the other hand, there are not many professional companies that will =
install a professional system without long term, overpriced contractual mon=
itoring options, so the shopper for this kind of system is really on his ow=
n.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> It's totally amazing how the rest of the industry is so out of step with =
you.

Times are a changing my man...in our neck of the woods, long term contracts=
 are costing companies big money in losses to loads of other companies who =
only go month to month. Most smaller companies are now migrating that way.=
=20

Companies should earn a customers business; not arbitrarily demand it throu=
gh long term contracts. But we've been through this hoop before, and frankl=
y, I don't give a hoot what others do...all the more business for us. My so=
n now has the prime working part of the business and it's booming at twice =
the rate I was experiencing.

Interesting point though..ADT are now worried that with all the home automa=
tion features available with most alarms, which give clients such tremendou=
s control over their alarm, that clients will no longer wish their alarms m=
onitored. So rather than explain the perfectly legitimate reasons why they =
should continue to do so, they'll probably just go for even longer contract=
s. Which will mean even more takeovers for us.....Go ADT..I love companies =
that shoot themselves in the foot because they are unable or unwilling to s=
ee past the end of their noses

I just LOVE long term contracts.....