Re: Please recommend a non-monitored system

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 8:55:59 AM UTC-8, stran...@xxxxxxxxx wrot=
e:
> hello,
>=20
> I'm looking for a a system  that will alert me if anyone tried to break i=
nto my home a night.
> There are only a few possible entrances to my home, I want put sensors on=
 those doors and if they are tripped a loud siren will sound. I will instal=
l it myself.
>=20
> Any other features would be a bonus, but that is my basic requirement.
>=20
> Can anyone suggest a system? Thanks

I was just going to post this picture, as it's the best representation of a=
 non-monitored system... http://tinyurl.com/nn655zm

However, I'll try to be slightly more useful and also provide this link: ht=
tp://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/swann-magnetic-window-or-door-alarm-0460159=
p.html

On the other hand, as has been mentioned by someone else on here already, t=
he people on this forum install real alarm systems.  I personally wouldn't =
use the type of alarm in the Cdn Tire link, or any system I could buy from =
a store like Cdn Tire, Walmart, etc.  Ever notice that these stores don't u=
se the alarm equipment they sell?  They must get a good deal on parts and c=
ould get a staff member to install them in a day for practically nothing, b=
ut still no.

Bottom line is that if you want a system you can rely on: get a real system=
, get it professionally installed, and get it professionally monitored.

- Chris