Re: Good wireless home security camera systems?

On 2/10/2015 4:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Are these the battery stand alone cameras with their SD memory cards
>> inside? How well and long do they work? I assume SD memory cards don't
>> hold much like regular HDDs? I wonder if these will be better for my
>> client.
>
> Already answered.  And it's a card so how big of a card did you put in
> it. That's how big it is.

I know recording (OTA TV) and downloading videos can be huge on regular
HDD on computers. I can't imagine the same with video cameras. Hence why
I was thinking of regular old fashion HDDs. :/

>>> shut Tesla down on his free power broadcast through the air a very long
>>> time ago.  The wifi works ok... but a couple of them seem to need to be
>>> power cycled periodically to keep talking to the network.  If you want
>>
>> Heh, like many products (e.g., DVRs). :O
>
> I have lots of DVRs in service that have only lost their network
> connectivity when some network "wizzzzzzzzard" redid their network from
> scratch and was to lazy to do a proper network survey ahead of time.  I
> guess the stuff I do install and stand behind works better than the crap
> cheap skates keep trying to get us to recommend.  Most DVRs I install
> work flawlessly until they need a rebuild.  Usually, many years.

Yeah, that is always a pain with any changes even if it they are minor. :(

>>> to play and tweak they MIGHT be fine for you, and they might not.  Also,
>>> range is limited. Inside my 3000 sq ft metal warehouse they work ok, but
>>> outside they get ZERO (0) connectivity.  Also, atleast one with a PTZ
>>
>> FYI, this big house is about 4K sq. ft. I did notice the wireless
>> router's signals are weak in the kitchen and other far away rooms.
>
> So, you going to do a proper network survey first, and make appropriate
> network infrastructure recommendations, or are you hoping for a magic
> bullet?  Pun intended or happy accident?  You decide.

Well, it is adding to the current home network.
--
"The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to
the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his