Re: Printing Old School vs New School

On 02/11/2015 01:17 PM, ABLE1 wrote:

> Oh, Mfg. Tech Support says that they have not tested any or will they
> approve or sanction anything other than direct connection to a "Parallel
> Printer".

You should be looking for a capture program for your laptop to capture
the printer output from the panel.

I'd say a parallel-to-serial adapter connected to the panel,
a serial-to-usb adapter connecting that to your laptop,
a capture program on your laptop.

I'm sure Blackbox or B&B Electronics can help with the adapters.
Ask a ham operator about (packet) capture software.

Connect everything, tell the panel to dump to printer,
let a human read it in the capture program on the laptop,
print to paper from the laptop.

technomaNge
--
Think central station automation.