Re: Printing Old School vs New School

On 2/11/2015 10:20 PM, RTS wrote:
> "ABLE1"  wrote in message news:FGUCw.1118586$Ub6.153081@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On 2/11/2015 8:50 PM, Jim wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 2:17:54 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> Ok, this is more of a hmmmmmm moment that actually have a absolute gotta
>>> do it, I am up against the wall need.  So please humor me a bit.
>>>
>>> If I a (x) panel that had a parallel printer module available and wanted
>>> to actually connect a parallel printer to get a history report printed
>>> out on site.  AND as I am sure most of you guys know, finding a parallel
>>> printer these day is for sure gonna be a used, maybe it work work, eBay
>>> purchase if you are lucky.
>>>
>>> Soooooooooo is there an adapter that will work between the panel printer
>>> module and a USB, Ethernet, Wireless type of printer??
>>>
>>> And yes, there are USB to Parallel adapters but, that is to go from a
>>> USB port >>> TO >>> the older Parallel Printer.  BUT, I doubt it will
>>> work in the opposite direction.  Or will it??
>>>
>>> Has anyone done this or attempted to do it??
>>>
>>> Oh, Mfg. Tech Support says that they have not tested any or will they
>>> approve or sanction anything other than direct connection to a "Parallel
>>> Printer".
>>>
>>> Thanks for any thoughts!!
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> Hi Les,
>>
>> Just Google Parallel port to ...... USB or .... Ethernet OR ....
>> wireless adapter.
>>
>> Or try .....  parallel port printer servers.
>>
>> There's s__t load of all kinds of adapters available not more than $50.00
>>

> Jim,
>
> Yup, I already did that Google & eBay thing but, they are if you are
> trying to connect a computer USB port to an old printer that has a
> Centronics DB25 Parallel Printer connection.  What I am investigating is
> the opposite.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Try here  Les       http://www.pimfg.com/Product-Detail/USB-PARALLEL
>
> been shopping from these guys for ages  they come up with some really
> neat stuff from time to time..
>
> RTS

Thanks for the link.  The one you reference as this in the description.

"With this cable, older version printers are still viable with the use
of novel computer models"

I entered the following into their search.
	 PARALLEL PRINTER TO USB

And what popped up was http://www.pimfg.com/product_list_kw.asp

All of which are: USB TO PARALLEL PRINTER  See the difference.

I will do a "Chat" tomorrow and see that they say.
		Maybe they have a secret.

Again thanks for the link.