Re: Caddx NX8E

On 8/12/2015 1:21 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 8/11/2015 1:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> This is old stuff from before the buyout, but the customer wants smart
>>> phone remote access for status and arm/disarm.  I am not even sure where
>>> to start. My first thought is to swap to a Napco panel and use iBridge,
>>> but that's an awfully expensive solution in initial hardware and labor
>>> outlay and the Caddx NX8e is actually the better panel for the multiple
>>> building application with its self contained expansion modules.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> I know I can throw a switch out / status input cellular unit on it, but
>>> that is awfully inelegant for such limited functionality.
>>>

>> Bob,
>>
>> Stick with the NX8E.  I have quite a few installed as well as the
>> NX8V2. Love the panel.  It lets me do things that I doubt would be
>> possible with others.  Well maybe the Elk M1 but that is another story.
>>
>> Not sure your thoughts on Alarm.com but what you are thinking of doing
>> is very easy with that service and the interactive option.
>>
>> The NX592E module will marry up with the NX8E and works seamlessly.
>> The only trick is the version of the NX8E needs to be up to date.
>> Meaning there issues with older versions.
>>
>> The latest Control Version is 19.00
>>
>> I would say that anything less than Control Version 17.00 would be an
>> problem.  I had a big issue with a couple of Version 8.00 and picked
>> up a new "board only's", swapped in and program.  All worked just fine.
>>
>> Let me know if you need more input.
>>
>> Les
>
> So an eprom swap to update is out of the question?

I would say that a eeprom swap is possible.  However, the chances of
getting one may be slim to none.

There was a time a number of years ago that there was a programming
whoops on a particular release.  GE was quick to provided replacement
chips for the fix.  I remember having to change about 10 or 12 at that
time.  I think the old chips are still on my shelf.

Tri-Ed has the NX8E-BO-FG  Board Only  for $91.93

Would suggest getting the latest version of DL900 if you don't already
have it.  Download the existing before swap and then reload when done.

I will PM you for some other thoughts on the subject.

Later,

Les