Re: Caddx NX8E

On 8/11/2015 1:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> This is old stuff from before the buyout, but the customer wants smart
> phone remote access for status and arm/disarm.  I am not even sure where
> to start. My first thought is to swap to a Napco panel and use iBridge,
> but that's an awfully expensive solution in initial hardware and labor
> outlay and the Caddx NX8e is actually the better panel for the multiple
> building application with its self contained expansion modules.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I know I can throw a switch out / status input cellular unit on it, but
> that is awfully inelegant for such limited functionality.

Bob,

Stick with the NX8E.  I have quite a few installed as well as the NX8V2.
  Love the panel.  It lets me do things that I doubt would be possible
with others.  Well maybe the Elk M1 but that is another story.

Not sure your thoughts on Alarm.com but what you are thinking of doing
is very easy with that service and the interactive option.

The NX592E module will marry up with the NX8E and works seamlessly.
The only trick is the version of the NX8E needs to be up to date.
Meaning there issues with older versions.

The latest Control Version is 19.00

I would say that anything less than Control Version 17.00 would be an
problem.  I had a big issue with a couple of Version 8.00 and picked up
a new "board only's", swapped in and program.  All worked just fine.

Let me know if you need more input.

Les