Re: HIKVISION - Plug N Play - 4 Out of 9 Fail

All HIK Vision Cameras.  All supposed to be Plug N Play.

The NVR would see the cameras.  They would be shown below the list of
available preconfigured slots associated with the built in POE switch.

I was able to get into the cameras using the SADP software or my web
browser.  I found the browser to be easier to activate and configure the
cameras.  No matter how I configured them from default to artificially
setting the same network configuration as the pre configured ports it didn't
connect up.  I tried all kinds of variations.

I did finally get a response from HIK Vision.  They think that the issue may
be a new security password configuration and protocol in the cameras and
suggest that upgrading the firmware in the NVR may solve the problem.  I'll
have a duplicate system on the bench tomorrow.  I guess I'll spend part of
my weekend testing it all out like I should have before taking it to the
field.

The actual tech response when I finally received one was quite
comprehensive.  I'll see how it works out on the bench and go from there.
If they work ok I plan to use a couple of these as machine monitors in the
CNC shop as well.  I already winged it in the field and made myself look
incompetent to the customer.  LOL.  I'll be back at their site on Monday (90
miles out of town) hopefully with all the answers.

Bob La Londe
The Security Consultant
Licenses ROC103044 & ROC103047

*******************************