Re: Newbe Vista-20P question

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:47:38 PM UTC-4, John Sowden wrote:
> On 06/14/2014 06:24 AM, JoeRaisin wrote:
>=20
> > On 6/13/2014 4:22 PM, James Gang wrote:
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >> Fault 07 means zone 7?  The resistors are new.
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Dude- I once bought a whole new pack of resistors that were all dead sh=
ort.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Now-a-days, I will generally meter resistors before I use them.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > When troubleshooting, NEVER assume new means good....
>=20
> >
>=20
> >
>=20
> > ---
>=20
> > This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
>=20
> > protection is active.
>=20
>=20
> >
>=20
> take a voltmeter reading across each zone.  with only resistors=20
>=20
> attached, all should be the same with the possible exception of the=20
>=20
> smoke and/or other 2 wire devices zone.  If not, check the resistors, as=
=20
>=20
> mentioned (remember murphy's law) and your wiring.  If that does not=20
>=20
> solve it, you probably have a bad zone on the board.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> John

Thanks guys.  I set zone 7 to off and the fault went away.  So now I need t=
o trouble shoot that zone a bit further.  But long term I don't need it, I'=
m only planning to use a couple zones.  I could have easily used a lesser m=
odel but someone gave me this 20p the control panels.

Really appreciate the help, I'll probably be back with a new question or tw=
o before I'm done :-)  We travel a lot and leave the house empty for extend=
ed periods so I thought installing this with a few wired motion detectors a=
nd a siren would be a good idea.