Re: I Want Out

On Monday, February 3, 2014 6:17:19 PM UTC-5, John Smith wrote:
>=20
> > "John Smith" <Sigh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
>=20
>=20
> >> Holy Shit!
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >> I had an offer.  It was a little lower than I hoped for, but after doi=
ng=20
>=20
> >> a lot of research I decided it was the best I was likely to get.  Then=
=20
>=20
> >> when it came time to do it they decided to do an 11th hour reduction o=
f=20
>=20
> >> nearly 40%.
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >> Another company that made noise like they wanted to make an offer just=
=20
>=20
> >> baled completely.  At first they were pretty aggressive to make a deal=
,=20
>=20
> >> then they just went silent.  Didn't even bother to say they weren't=20
>=20
> >> interested.
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >> I guess I have a choice.  Either continue to service a business that I=
 do=20
>=20
> >> not enjoy, or say screw my customers who have supported me for a long=
=20
>=20
> >> time and abandon them to the vagaries of the door knockers... or worse=
.
>=20
> >>
>=20

Here's another thought ......... Maybe you could sell a few accounts at a t=
ime to other installation companies. If someone came to me and said they wa=
nted to get out of the business and wanted to start selling some of their a=
ccounts, depending upon who they were and what central they were  using ...=
. I might consider it. Say ..... 5 or 10 accounts. Only thing is, I'd want =
to inspect the installations, see the clients paper work, see the record of=
 payments .... and maybe negotiate a payout over some period of time and re=
quire you to change them over to my central. (all of which you will probabl=
y be required to do no matter who you sell to) Your goal would be to sell t=
hem at the highest multiple and my job would be just the opposite.=20

I don't know if you'd be open to this. It could be dangerous, and would req=
uire a lot of follow-up .... of course, but ..... it might work. Even if it=
 only resulted in selling some of your accounts it would be reducing your w=
ork load somewhat so you could concentrate on other things.