Re: I Want Out

"ABLE1" <nospamhere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:YjVHu.99185$DJ2.61529@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> John,
>
> Sorry to hear that.  I have similar fears when my day comes.  The choices
> get very slim.  I assume that what you are presently providing monitoring
> service for your customers and only doing upgrades and service for those
> customers.  Meaning that you are not taking on any new customers.  Does
> that take up a lot of your time or can you just do it on the side, so to
> speak??

No, I take on new jobs regularly.  I don't work full time doing maintenance,
but I would like to not be on call 24/7 for the first time in years.

> The only other thoughts that I would have for you would be to possibly
> merge with another company of your liking and then phase out of your
> involvement of a period of time.  Maybe be paid out over a (X) year term.

I've got two deals working again.  One as a seller finance.  That one kinda
makes me cringe, but the price is a little better than the "11th hour
change" guy.  Another is similar to the one I had said to go ahead with, but
they "seem" to be a little easier to work with.

> Also I have heard that some Centrals will buy the accounts from the dealer
> and the sub out the service calls.

My central used to buy accounts, but they no longer own any accounts.  They
sold all their house owned accounts to the 11th hour guy.  They are the ones
who put me in contact with him.

> I am just throwing out some thoughts here that maybe you have already
> considered.

All good thoughts.  I do appreciate it.

 > Really would be interested in what your final resolve would be.

We already know what that's gonna be.  One day I am going to look up and
think, "Oh, so that's what the bottoms of daisies look like!"   Hopefully
they are a pleasant site.

> "John Smith" <Sigh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Holy Shit!
>>
>> I had an offer.  It was a little lower than I hoped for, but after doing
>> a lot of research I decided it was the best I was likely to get.  Then
>> when it came time to do it they decided to do an 11th hour reduction of
>> nearly 40%.
>>
>> Another company that made noise like they wanted to make an offer just
>> baled completely.  At first they were pretty aggressive to make a deal,
>> then they just went silent.  Didn't even bother to say they weren't
>> interested.
>>
>> I guess I have a choice.  Either continue to service a business that I do
>> not enjoy, or say screw my customers who have supported me for a long
>> time and abandon them to the vagaries of the door knockers... or worse.
>>

>> ---
>> protection is active.

---