Re: Prewire Boxes

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:52:19 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

> Smokes, glassbreaks, keypads, & inside sirens get standard 1 gang nail on
>
> boxes with hand wrap of extra wire tucked all the way to the back of the
>
> box.  Motions get a 16 penny nail with a gob of wire wrapped around it, and
>
> an accordion bend of wire back inside the wall so when the drywallers beat
>
> your nail to death you can pull fresh wire out of the wall.  Door and window
>
> contacts get an overhand knot inside the frame with an short accordion bend
>
> of extra wire in the wall.  Main power gets tucked into the nail that holds
>
> the electrical box where you will plug in the transformer.  Standard
>
> personnel doors get a double bent wire showing through the hole in the jamb
>
> with... an accordion bend of wire inside the header.
>

> I have taken to doing a walk around a with my cell phone in video mode after
>
> every single prewire showing every single wire.
>

> I always assume the general, the dry waller, and anybody else in the house
>
> are assholes who will deliberately damage stuff if they think they can get
>
> away with it, so I use the hell out of nailing safety plates.

> Bob La Londe
>
> The Security Consultant

> Licenses

> ROC103044 & ROC103047

Ditto on everything except that I don't think they deliberately do anything. They aren't that intelligent. Thoughtless, uncaring, mindless, morons .... yes ..... but deliberate  ..... not likely.

One of my pet outrages is when floor sanding companies, painters and other dust producing trades go into a location and NEVER cover or ask to have the smoke detectors covered and the fire department is called.
I just imagine how many Fu..... ing times that must have happened to them and STILL they just don't do it. Talk about thoughtless ...........