Prewire Boxes

Has anyone found boxes that can be used for prewiring homes?

Keypads and smoke detectors can usually use typical electrical boxes, and I'll typically install 3/8" recessed contacts during the prewire to avoid hassle later on.

I had thought of using short pieces of plastic conduit, but I'm not sure how I would secure them and the wire in them to prevent them from being "lost" between the prewire and the installation.  The biggest issue, of course, is the drywallers.

- Chris