Re: xmitting SIA codes

news:cc8e4613-a8c9-4aa3-8412-329f1e8fd211@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:55:33 AM UTC-4, NickMark wrote:
>> On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:45:18 AM UTC-4, cha...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>  On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 04:56:09 -0700 (PDT), NickMark
>>
>>  >Only works when cell phone is in house  there is no way around not
>> paying for a cell communicator  uplink has communicator you plug phone
>> line into and power with 12 vdc
>>

>>  Nick,
>

>> I forgot about the customer removiing the cell phone for use away from
>>
>> > home; hence the device that talks via bluetooth to the cell phone
>>
>> > can't find the ceell phone.
>>
>> > I use Interlogic NX8E panels with a GSM module to communicate cellular
>>
>> > as well as land line.
>>
>> one possibility is get one of the multi line cell plans so a phone could
>> be left at home
>

> I've been trying the Napco Starlink Cellular communicator. So far so good.
> Not exclusive to Napco panels.

I have half a dozen Starlinks in service now that they are 3g/4g compatible.
I think they work pretty well as a communicator, but the remote ap which is
getting more and more in demand is pretty feature poor compared to some of
the other remote aps I have looked at.  I have to admit the upload download
over cellular works really well.  I sometimes tether my smart phone to my
laptop so I can look at a problem for a customer while I am pulled over
along side the road.

However, If somebody has seen a Honeywell Total Connect with touch pad on
site or an Alarm.com with touch pad on site and their respective remote aps
Napco can't compete.  I've seen the remote ap for alarm.com up close and
personal.  Its pretty good, and its not site based internet dependent.  I
can't even get a demo account from Napco for their Starlink compatible
remote ap.  As long as I have been loyal to Napco I may not have any choice
but change if I want to keep putting in new installations.  I've been using
Napco as my primary solution since the Gemini panels first came out.  I even
installed a few MA panels back then.  I just finished a 6 door access and
alarm system around their X255 on Friday and imported it into the customers
management software this morning.  I've got a P1632 going in this week for a
full comprehensive system as well, and the only new panels I have on the
shelf are Napco.

I kinda feel like Napco is like FBII used to be before it got absorbed.  A
good product, but a step behind on new features and development.  I am
excited about their claimed sole path fire cellular unit though.  Heads up
competition to the TG7FS at a lower price and lower service rate.  Atleast
thats the claim of the sales guy.  Of course the sales guy also told me it
was coming out several months earlier than the tech guy told me it was going
to beta.

Bob La Londe
The Security Consultant

Licenses