Re: ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior....

"ABLE1" <nospamhere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> No offense Bob but it seems you have a problem with EVERY distributor
>>> and manufacturer :)
>>
>> There are a few who understand customer service.  I still do business
>> with some of the same people after 20+ years in the business.  They take
>> care of me, and when there is a problem I hear it from them instead of
>> finding out after it gets worse.
>>
>> However, I don't see how you can make such a blatant implication that ADI
>> trying to double charge me for thousands of dollars is somehow my fault.
>> I will always call them out on egregious behavior when other people
>> quietly pray they don't get screwed to bad.  You own stock in Honeywell?
>> Well, their ADI division has a few good people and some really shitty
>> people. Most of the good people seem to find better jobs with other
>> distributors over the years.  Notice I said I still do business with some
>> of the same "PEOPLE" after 20 years.
>>

> Bob, I have not had the same experience that you have had with billing and
> such.  However, I have stopped buying product from them years ago, except
> for items that I can't get anywhere else.
>
> They were my go to place for product until..........................  cue
> the weird music.....................
>
> The reason being I was getting pricing on a new (un-tried by me) product
> for a customer.  I called ADI and got a quote of $1280. for the main
> panel.  I then called the mfg tech support to get some answers as to setup
> and install.  I was told with out asking that the Dealer Cost on the item
> was $980.  WHAT???  I then called another distributor and was quoted $980.
> I called yet another and was quoted $980.
>
> I then called back to ADI and told the rep what the mfg told me was the
> Dealer Cost.  She then said: "They should not have told you that!!!"  Put
> me on hold and came back with "We can match that price."
>
> Somebody was looking for a bonus or something was rotten somewhere in
>
> Needless to say I bought two of the items for the project elsewhere and
> found other distributors for my business.
>
> "If you don't know you are getting screwed it just another day in the
> neighborhood."
>
> Nuff said.
>
> Les

LOL.  That's funny.  I recently called them about a strike.  They told me it
was 260, and when I mentioned folks sell them new unopened on Ebay for less
they made me a special offer of 212.  I had a sale flier from them sitting
on my desk with the exact same item listed for 199.  (The 199 was actually a
decent price.  I had already checked it from two other vendors.)  Makes you
want to go hmmmm....

The other thing with them is you always have to say is, "That's not what I
paid last time."  If you forget to do that even one time then whatever they
charge you is your new price.  LOL.