Re: ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior....

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Monday, April 7, 2014 11:35:08 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior... or atleast
>> total
>>
>> carelessness.  I've taken to paying my bill on-line because I don't get
>> any
>>
>> bullshit about not receiving or lost checks that way.  I record the
>>
>> authorization number, and auto save the verification email when it
>> arrives.
>>

>> So now my bank contacted me telling me they tried to authorize a
>> duplicate
>>
>> transaction for the last payment.    Its was for a few thousand dollars
>> so
>>
>> it would have overdrawn my account.  If that hadn't been the case I might
>>
>> not have known about if for a while.  Ever have ADI owe you money?  I
>> have.
>>
>> It takes an act of congress to get it back.  They won't tell you or even
>>
>> send you a statement showing it either.  I think it took me nearly two
>> years
>>
>> to get my money back last time they owed me money.  If it wasn't for Vern
>>
>> doubt I would have ever gotten it.
>

>> Even more interesting, I made the payment on the 18th of March (on-line),
>>
>> but it didn't hit my bank until Friday the 4th of April.  An odd delay
>> with
>>
>> a double charge really raises the hairs on the back of my neck.
>>

>> I am seriously considering that I might finally quit selling the few
>> items I
>>
>> can only get from them.  Its sad because sometimes they have really good
>>
>> sale deals on other things as well.  I can't afford them if they are
>> going
>>
>> to cost me double though.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bob La Londe
>>
>> The Security Consultant
>>

>> Licenses
>>
>> ROC103044 & RCO103047
>
> No offense Bob but it seems you have a problem with EVERY distributor and
> manufacturer :)

There are a few who understand customer service.  I still do business with
some of the same people after 20+ years in the business.  They take care of
me, and when there is a problem I hear it from them instead of finding out
after it gets worse.

However, I don't see how you can make such a blatant implication that ADI
trying to double charge me for thousands of dollars is somehow my fault.  I
will always call them out on egregious behavior when other people quietly
pray they don't get screwed to bad.  You own stock in Honeywell?  Well,
their ADI division has a few good people and some really shitty people.
Most of the good people seem to find better jobs with other distributors
over the years.  Notice I said I still do business with some of the same
"PEOPLE" after 20 years.