Re: ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior....

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Monday, April 7, 2014 11:35:08 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior... or atleast
>>> total
>>>
>>> carelessness.  I've taken to paying my bill on-line because I don't get
>>> any
>>>
>>> bullshit about not receiving or lost checks that way.  I record the
>>>
>>> authorization number, and auto save the verification email when it
>>> arrives.
>>>

>>> So now my bank contacted me telling me they tried to authorize a
>>> duplicate
>>>
>>> transaction for the last payment.    Its was for a few thousand dollars
>>> so
>>>
>>> it would have overdrawn my account.  If that hadn't been the case I
>>> might
>>>
>>> not have known about if for a while.  Ever have ADI owe you money?  I
>>> have.
>>>
>>> It takes an act of congress to get it back.  They won't tell you or even
>>>
>>> send you a statement showing it either.  I think it took me nearly two
>>> years
>>>
>>> to get my money back last time they owed me money.  If it wasn't for
>>> Vern I
>>>
>>> doubt I would have ever gotten it.
>>

>>> Even more interesting, I made the payment on the 18th of March
>>> (on-line),
>>>
>>> but it didn't hit my bank until Friday the 4th of April.  An odd delay
>>> with
>>>
>>> a double charge really raises the hairs on the back of my neck.
>>>

>>> I am seriously considering that I might finally quit selling the few
>>> items I
>>>
>>> can only get from them.  Its sad because sometimes they have really good
>>>
>>> sale deals on other things as well.  I can't afford them if they are
>>> going
>>>
>>> to cost me double though.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Bob La Londe
>>>
>>> The Security Consultant
>>>

>>> Licenses
>>>
>>> ROC103044 & RCO103047
>>
>> No offense Bob but it seems you have a problem with EVERY distributor and
>> manufacturer :)
>
> There are a few who understand customer service.  I still do business with
> some of the same people after 20+ years in the business.  They take care
> of me, and when there is a problem I hear it from them instead of finding
> out after it gets worse.
>
> However, I don't see how you can make such a blatant implication that ADI
> trying to double charge me for thousands of dollars is somehow my fault.
> I will always call them out on egregious behavior when other people
> quietly pray they don't get screwed to bad.  You own stock in Honeywell?
> Well, their ADI division has a few good people and some really shitty
> people. Most of the good people seem to find better jobs with other
> distributors over the years.  Notice I said I still do business with some
> of the same "PEOPLE" after 20 years.

Bob, I have not had the same experience that you have had with billing and
such.  However, I have stopped buying product from them years ago, except
for items that I can't get anywhere else.

They were my go to place for product until..........................  cue
the weird music.....................

The reason being I was getting pricing on a new (un-tried by me) product for
a customer.  I called ADI and got a quote of $1280. for the main panel.  I
then called the mfg tech support to get some answers as to setup and
install.  I was told with out asking that the Dealer Cost on the item was
$980.  WHAT???  I then called another distributor and was quoted $980.  I
called yet another and was quoted $980.

I then called back to ADI and told the rep what the mfg told me was the
Dealer Cost.  She then said: "They should not have told you that!!!"  Put me
on hold and came back with "We can match that price."

Somebody was looking for a bonus or something was rotten somewhere in

Needless to say I bought two of the items for the project elsewhere and
found other distributors for my business.

"If you don't know you are getting screwed it just another day in the
neighborhood."

Nuff said.

Les