Re: Abridged version - Alarm system transformer + power supply

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 22:36:07 -0700, Tony Hwang <dragon40@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>The Daring Dufas wrote:

>>> Hmmm,
>>> Not using metric system is another possible reason getting beaten by
>>> Russians at the start line.
>>
>> All my measuring instruments are marked with metric units but my brain
>> hasn't been totally converted into metric. ^_^
>>
>> TDD
>>

>Hi,
>I grew up with Metric system. And I had to learn imperial system quick.
>Only problem with Imperial system is poor accuracy.

Clueless.  There is no difference.  There can't be.

>My BIL was air force
>Kiwi constructing air base, designing pipe lines, oil storage tanks,etc.
>Here we live in oil country, pipe lines criss cross
>every where. He mentioned once difficulty in maintaining tight tolerance
>with inch-pound units vs. metric.

He isn't any brighter than you are, then.

>How do we do logarithm,
>measuring decibel, how do we do all the high level math. in in.-lb.

Utter nonsense.  Electronics is mostly metric, but also uses base 2,
8, 16, and logarithms with base e.  I do this stuff daily, yet have no
problem doing woodworking in inch-feet and pounds.  Some of my tools
are metric.  No problem.  The calibration marks aren't normally
necessary anyway.  If they are, the conversion is trivial.

>After converting to Metric I guess. I was a radio repairman for
>field artillery unit in the service. We used Metric.  Kids here learn in
>Metric. Hospitals use Metric. Speed road signs are all Metric, etc.

Who cares what you do?  Knock yourself out.  You've said nothing that
supports your asinine position.