Re: Abridged version - Alarm system transformer + power supply

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 03:09:17 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
<danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:33:11 -0800, doug wrote:
>
>> My alarm stopped working
>> I replaced the transformer
>> Now it works again
>
>I was working on the main circuit breaker panel, and,
>0. I shut off the 200A service & the generator kicked in.
>1. The alarm complained with a loud beeeeeep until I shut off the generator.
>Next day ...
>2. My alarm stopped working
>3. I replaced the transformer
>4. Now it works again but without battery backup
>5. I will replace the battery
>6. And I will replace the battery protection board
>
>Then I'll be done!
>
>Thanks.

That *is* a coincidence.

Today during non-fire testing, one of the three main rockets on the
Titan booster tested bad.  During a lull in the rain, our crew of
sixteen technicians, unbolted the rocket and replaced it with a spare.
It took 143 minutes and they finished just before the rain started
again.

The new engine tested well in situ, and the Thanksgiving launch of the
first Turkey in Space is scheduled to launch Thursday at 10AM EST as
planned.    If I may quote you, "Now it works again".

Mickey,

Chief Engineer, NASA John F. Kennedy Manned Spacecraft Center, Cape
Canaveral, Florida.

"America, First in Space"