Installers of Networx and use Alarm.com be aware.

The following is for all that install Networx Panels and use Alarm.com
services.  This is by no means a definitive answer to the issue it is just a
timeline of events that happened.  All should be aware, use your better
judgment and act accordingly.

Warning: This is a long read.

==========================
Customer A:
I installed a NX-8E with a NX148E keypad April 2004

The system has operated without flaw since.

On 07/31/13 the customer dropped their landline and to go with Alarm.com
Cellular service and I installed a NX400USVZ.  System programmed to be
primary, programming, and test signals all good.

Approximately 2 weeks later, customer called and said that the system would
not accept disarm from key fob or keypad code and had to pull transformer
and battery to shut down.

Upon arrival, I powered up system and all worked no problem.  Checked
Central Station for signals, none were received.  Checked a|arm.c0m no
history of the event.  Made a decision that it was a freak occurrence.  Sent
test signals to Central Station, all good.

Two days later, Customer called. They could not arm the system with either
key fob or code on keypad.  I said to leave as is and will be there is 30
minutes.  Upon arrival, I tried to access programming with installer code
and system would not accept.  I tried default installer code, no difference.
I was getting no response at all.  Not even a keystroke beep.  Only solution
was to power cycle the system.  After doing so, system worked as it should.

NOTE:  The Original NX-8E had a sticker on the chip with 7354/7/8/02

I then made a decision that there was a problem with the NX-8E and acquired
a replacement NX-8E (new) and NX400USVZ and installed 2 days later.
Programmed and all is good.

I had discussions with both Alarm.com and UTC Tech Support on the issue.
The basic comments received were the usual ?Never heard that before? and
that ?UTC cannot support the third party NX400USVZ? respectively.

I was thinking that was the end of the story/issue?not true!  Read on.

Customer B:
I installed a NX-6 with a NX148E keypad in October 2003.

The system has operated without flaw since.

Customer decided to go with Alarm.com Cellular service as a backup of their
landline and on 10/21/2013 I installed a NX400USVZ.  The system was
programmed and all was communicating signals to Central Station via
landline, as it should.

Today 1/1/13 (just 10 days later) customer called and said that he can't
disarm the system at the keypad.  System signaled the Central Station as it
should via landline

I dialed into the system to disarm.  I connected one time and the system
would not respond to my disarm command.  I received an error ?could not
communicate to device 0? (NX6 motherboard).   Disconnected and could not
reconnect due to line busy.  Line seizure.

I checked the history at Alarm.com and the only history were some pings of
the system prior to all the major activity that was going on.  No signals
during the event.  At that point the only solution was to drive to the site
(an hour away), taking along a NX8 V2 board.

Upon arrival I checked the keypad.  The system was armed.  It would not
respond to keystrokes.  My only choice was to power cycle the system after
which all returned to normal.  I disarmed the system and it worked, as it
should.

Note: The Original NX6 had a sticker on the chip with 7ECA 8/9/02

At that point I had to make a decision.  The decision was to replace the NX6
with the NX8V2 that I had brought along.  I decided to change the account to
have the Cellular to be the primary means of communication.  Programmed, as
needed, sent signals to Central Station and all is good.

What is the correlation between these two issues??   Answer: The NX400USVZ
is NOT compatible with the older NX-8E & NX6 panels with estimated date
codes of 2002.

Alarm.com has been contacted and notified of the above and the only response
has been that they have tested the NX400USVZ with the V2 panels only.