Re: Abridged version - Alarm system transformer + power supply

The Daring Dufas wrote:
> On 11/28/2013 5:10 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
>> The Daring Dufas wrote:

>> Hmmm,
>> Not using metric system is another possible reason getting beaten by
>> Russians at the start line.
>
> All my measuring instruments are marked with metric units but my brain
> hasn't been totally converted into metric. ^_^
>
> TDD

Hi,
I grew up with Metric system. And I had to learn imperial system quick.
Only problem with Imperial system is poor accuracy. My BIL was air force
Kiwi constructing air base, designing pipe lines, oil storage tanks,etc.
Here we live in oil country, pipe lines criss cross
every where. He mentioned once difficulty in maintaining tight tolerance
with inch-pound units vs. metric.  How do we do logarithm,
measuring decibel, how do we do all the high level math. in in.-lb.
After converting to Metric I guess. I was a radio repairman for
field artillery unit in the service. We used Metric.  Kids here learn in
Metric. Hospitals use Metric. Speed road signs are all Metric, etc.