Re: home owner needs advice

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:59:47 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
Jim, You just wasted a whole lot of typing time on a guy that has his mind =
made up and you will never convince him with the facts. I have met him as w=
ell. BTW, Nice typing skills. Les

Wellll,..... Just maybe...... some of it will get through, ya never know.

An  aww shucks ..... tks for the complement.=20

There was a time here, in spite of all the in-fighting, that in all the cla=
tter you could occasionally find some diamonds buried in the bullshit. Ther=
e were threads that went on for weeks about different methods to program or=
 install certain devices. If anyone ever wanted to expend the time and ener=
gy to pull all the great ideas out of the garbage that went on here, there'=
d be enough info to write a decent book. There were people here from all ov=
er the US, Some from Canada, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia. It was qu=
ite the "Newsgroup" There were people from various manufacturers and some o=
f the larger alarm companies in the US, security consultants .... some pret=
ty impressive people. But ..... they've all gone and the reputation from al=
l the BS that went on .... I guess .... still keeps them away. OR .... I ma=
ybe it could also be due to the gradual decline of the use of Newsgroups in=
 favor of other types of Social Media. I occasionally look for other groups=
 to get involved with but I haven't found any that keep my interest or they=
 would require me to reveal personal information or name my company. So, I =
don't "FaceBook" or "Twitter" or Linkdin. I just don't want to spread my pe=
rsonal information all over the Internet, nor do I want anyone to link my p=
ersonal information to my company. I don't know if you've noticed or not bu=
t as long as I've participated in this group, no one knows who I am or my c=
ompany name or exactly where I'm located. I paid attention to that when I f=
irst got involved with ASA back in 1998 when I started posting here and ...=
. considering what went on here ... it's a damn good thing that I did. Ther=
e was someone here that if you had a disagreement, he would letter bomb you=
, call your neighbors, call your suppliers, spreading lies and false inform=
ation about you. Use your E-mail address to annoy other people, .... and th=
en sometimes he'd do some really nasty stuff.=20

So .... anyway, that's why I don't care to get involved with social media s=
tuff nowdays or the moderated groups.=20

By the way, do you know of any other groups that are similar to ASA?