Re: home owner needs advice

Robert Neville <dont@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
qk35q855q01vv502m6t892ug4hlap6cbeo@None:">news:qk35q855q01vv502m6t892ug4hlap6cbeo@None:

> CalT <calT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I do not understand the term "zero voltage input terminal".
>
> It means you cannot run any kind of load current through the Optex
> device. The only thing those terminals can be used for is to feed
> an alarm panel or drive a relay.

To me the term "zero voltage input" is what threw me. I thought they
meant even the small amount of voltage/mA it would take to feed a small
relay coil.Maybe I watched to much Sesame Street as a kid, because zero
to me means zero. None. Nada. Zilch.

I guess I'm just going to have a small small relay feed the coil of a
larger one which has the capability of handling a bigger amp load
needed by a siren. I'll have to find out what the current requirements
are for the coil of a huskier relay.

Thanks for the input.