Re: Zapping Camera Problem

G. Morgan Wrote:

>>Haven't installed any small dome cameras lately have you??
>
>No plastic ones outdoors, no.

I don't think I've ever installed plastic housing cams outdoors come to
think of it.  The domes are usually Pelco, which have an all metal
housing.  I mount them to a deep 4 square box.  If the building is sheet
metal, the ground is right there on the box mounting tech-screws.

If it's a PTZ, the housing is always metal.  I've always considered
plastic for indoor use when vandal-resistance is unnecessary.

Are those ones you have rated for UV protection?  I could only imagine a
plastic housing standing up to years of direct sunlight unless it was
designed that way with special polymers.

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin