Re: Zapping Camera Problem

"G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:h29tp8lbfnojetg09ua3ulfr6rhmkr8oau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ABLE1 Wrote:
>
>>And by " unify the grounds" do you mean to connect or bond to building
>>ground as well??
>
> Yes, he means to run a jumper between the ground rod at point of service
> (meter) and your ground rod.
>
> I would get rid of the rod and 50' wire, it's an antenna for lightning.
> If it has near 90 degree bends it's worthless anyway.
>
> If you insist on a path to ground, clamp the camera chassis to a metal
> beam or cold water pipe on the building as close as possible with 12 AWG
> or fatter (five feet or less).
>
> Or better, run EMT to the cameras and bond them using a j-box clamped to
> the building frame.  You can install ground loop isolators to keep the
> picture from messing up.
>
> You can also connect the ground to some existing EMT used for high
> voltage if no other source is there, but I believe that's against code.
> To make it legal, install a real power supply (not the wall-wort type)
> that has a ground to the electrical Earth, you can ground the cameras to
> it's chassis.  It may get expensive to involve electricians at this point
> - up to you.  Does the place have their own maintenance men that can
> legally power-up a new P/S for you?

Ok, I know something needs to be do with the grounding.  And, I get the
points you are making.  However, I find it a little challenging on what it
is going to take to ground a plastic camera case.

Thanks for the input.

BTW what is with all the CRAP at the bottom of your post??
I did a little edit.  No need to repeat it all.