Re: CCTV Power supplies

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:04:47 AM UTC-4, E DAWSON wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex> wrote in message news:2023b00d-01d8-4695-ad58-ab174bdc5=
0bc> On Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:07:49 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote: > What do=
es: Supercircuits, Inc. 1.877.995.2288 11000 N Mopac Expressway, > Suite 30=
0 Austin, TX 78759 http://www.supercircuits.com quote for costs? > > I've l=
ooked at them in the past. Their prices are just about the same as I > get =
thru distribution. > > Right now I'm looking for an 8 camera, 1 Amp per cam=
era 24VAC power supply > for under $100.00. In the past I've been able to g=
et them for as low as > $68.00. But I dont see anything lower than about $1=
00.00 now. Hi, Supercircuits isn't really a distributor. They are more like=
 a glorified retailer. Also, Security Cameras Direct is also another compan=
y that does the same. The sales flyers from both of those companies are ali=
ke which indicates that they are co-owned; they pretend to be in competitio=
n with one another. If you like the price of $43.00 for a 24Vac, 9ch, 10amp=
, I remembered a flyer/email from late fall last year that had those specs =
on it. The part number is CP2409 from Eastern CCTV in NY. The regular price=
 is $57. Depending on where you are located, I believe they also have an ou=
tlet in California. We don't actually buy from them. Hope this helps you. Y=
ou will need to open a formal account first with them.

Yeah, I know that about SCD and SC .... I look through their catalogs as a =
hobby ... I guess. But somethimes that have some good stuff. I bought a wri=
st cam from them a few years ago that was on sale for some ridiculous low p=
rice. I don't remember how much but it was about $50/60 bucks. Still works =
but I don't see any way to change the rechargeable battery .. so we'll see =
if it's just a throw-away when the time comes.=20

I'll take a look at Eastern. Thanks for the referral.