Re: CCTV Power supplies

On May 10, 9:16=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone have a source for CCTV power supplies?
>
> I have a tendancy to use 24VAC rather then 12 DC unless the distance is l=
ess than 150 feet. I usually need at least one amp per "channel" =A0for eit=
her 8 or 16 cameras. I know in the past I was able to get them for under a =
$100 dollars but lately everything I see is over that.

> Also, has anyone tried the cameras I'm seeing that have the visible LED's=
 that come on when motion is detected? Is it just a gimmick ... or what? Ho=
w much light could it throw? And wouldn't it switch back to color?

> I still can't see the advantage that IP/HD cameras have that warrant the =
big difference in price over analog. Especially if you throw in the price o=
f NVR and the fact that I haven't seen an 8 channel NVR/HD-DVR that's reson=
ably priced and NO 16 channel. I mean .... I see the nice clear picture ...=
. it's just that the end user wont go the extra amount to get that clarity.=
 It just hasn't reached that price point that the customer will go the extr=
a bucks .... at least for me .... anyway.

What does:
Supercircuits, Inc.		1.877.995.2288
11000 N Mopac Expressway, Suite 300
Austin, TX  78759