Re: How to adjust camera surveillance system with only one person?

On Apr 8, 11:30=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday, April 8, 2013 2:26:05 PM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:26:51 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote: > Got 8 =
cameras and need to find out how to adjust each for best images - view and =
focus. There is NO ISP connection to send images back to cell phone. May be=
 possible to attach a BNC feed straight into a 'portable' monitor [external=
 power IS available], but prefer not to since the wiring is NOT easily acce=
ssible. Any recommendations? specific instrumentation? Plus, the DVD is in =
'low access' cabinet location. Need to view and control remotely. Any speci=
fic instrumentation to do that 'once in a while' setting changes and remote=
 setup for reviewing tapes? I had heard once mentioned, use a bluetooth mou=
se and a wireless link to the monitor. That way, can set up neaby to the lo=
cation of the DVD and control/monitor the DVD. Any 'specific' recommendatio=
ns? I'm presuming that the DVR has remote view via internet capability. Als=
o, if there is a WiFi router and the cameras are within WiFi range, you cou=
ld use a WiFi capable device to view the DVR on the local network. If dista=
nce is a problem, get a long Cat5 patch cord and temporarilay move the WiFi=
 router closer to the cameras.

> Oops, just saw your post about no high speed connection.
>
> Next best, lest expensive/troublsome suggestion would be ..... hire someo=
ne for a few hours and invest in a cheap walkie talkie.

I finally purchased a wrist mounted, portable LCD monitor from Super
Circuits with rechargeable battery. After setting up six of the
mounted cameras, I firmly believe it is IMPOSSIBLE to do with two
people using walkie talkies. Even with the monitor on my wrist some
cameras took over 15 minutes to properly adjust. The cameras are
monunted under an eve that has a 45 degree slope, so adjusting the
field of view was a major challenge, because the universal mounting
adapter is a mechanical nightmare. Can't imagine what that would be
like trying to use a walkie talkie.