Re: CCTV Power supplies

I use mostly DC cameras and have not had any issues out to several hundred
feet.  I tried the 24VAC:12VDC converters and they all failed in less than a
year.  I used to use all 24VAC and I still use them for longer runs, but...

The only real advantage to the IP cameras is with the really high resolution
ones.  3MP+  You can actually do near TV-show type tricks with them.   Zoom
in on a view of multiple gas pump islands and actually read a license plate.
That sort of thing.  With regular CCTV you needed overview cameras and
license plate cameras to do the same job.

And customers never want to pay for what they want.