Re: Subcontract Frustration

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:11:00 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
=20
> It's like when the telemarketers call. Ask them to hold for a minute, put=
 the phone down and just leave it off hook. After a minute or so, they get =
the point.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> You waste my time .... I waste your time.

I mess with them all the time like that. I have my phone listed in a fictit=
ious name (billed in my name, but listed in a fake name. No charge)so when =
they call and ask for that name (Bob Smith for this example), I already kno=
w they are a telemarketer. Then I ask them to "hold on a sec while I find h=
im." (wind up child's musical toy and place it next to the phone) Then come=
 back and say "hang on, he's here but I'm not sure where he went, let me go=
 check the basement." Then "....the back yard." "Okay, hang on, he's coming=
." Then (child's voice) "Hello...?"  "Yes this is blah  blah blah from blah=
 blah blah...(and on and on and on.....) (Child's voice again) "I'm 8, do y=
ou want to talk to my daddy? "Yes, could you please put your daddy back on =
the phone please?" (me)"Well why didn't you say you wanted Bob Senior? Am I=
 supposed to read your mind? He passed away 2 years ago, do you want the ho=
meowner?" "Yes please" "Let me go find him..." "I think he went to the beer=
 store, can I get your home number and have him call you back?" "I'm sorry,=
 I don't  give out my home number." ".....Oh? You don't give out your home =
number? Why not?" "Because I don't want strangers calling my house and dist=
urbing me and my family." Oh, because you don't want strangers calling your=
 house and disturbing you and your family? Well...NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!"=
 (CLICK). You get the idea, just waste as much of his time as you can affor=
d, he's wasting yours.