Subcontract Frustration

It's bad enough when we get a job that obviously hasn't been engineered
and the only NAC print is a layout with hand drawn device locations - no
circuits identified or candela settings - and now the sales guy for the
"National-Alarm-Company-That-Won't-Be-Named" is up in arms 'cause I say
we can't run the 65 new horn strobes in a large plant (30 of which are
high candela) off of ONE FCPS24-FS8 power supply.

I swear to God I should just do it the way he wants and walk away...

But then I'm the one standing there with my thumb up my ass in front of
the electrical inspector and the Fire Marshall...

So instead I just spent an hour and a half composing a 1000 word essay
in the form of an email to my boss and the half the install management
team for the "National" on current draws of each setting and how it
doesn't friggin matter if EACH circuit is capable of 3 amps, you are
still ONLY going to get 8 amps out of all four. (still ain't enough anyway)

And I'm STILL gonna get flooded with calls tomorrow asking every
question I answered in the email, so I may as well just sit there and
not even try to get anything done until they all get tired.

BTW - my boss is on my side, shares my frustration but says we're
contractually obligated to stand the inspection.

PFFT!!!  Contract, schmontract... Sales weenie called it... sales weenie
stands the inspection...

Past experience says I will end up with what I want but it ALWAYS has to
be a major PITA to get from here to there.

I suspect all the contortions are because the sales guy has to eat the
added equipment.