Re: Subcontract Frustration

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:06:31 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I pretty much don't subcontract for anybody anymore. Even those relations=
hips which are good only last for a few years. As soon as they say, "We nee=
d you to help us out," its over. The beginning of the end at best. They hav=
e decided if they can't bend you over whenever they want they'll get the ne=
xt guy who doesn't know any better. If you take it once, they will then pro=
ceed to see how often and how hard you will take it. Each time being a litt=
le worse then the rest until you are hemorageing from every orifice and try=
ing to make up the losses in volume... Interestingly every single time in t=
he past when I have posted on this group about how I don't subcontract anym=
ore some jackass calls me up asking me if I'll service their accounts in my=
 town. When I say no they try to rephrase the question. I'm not kidding.

How about telling them that you will ...... and then .... just don't. Just =
yes them to death right up to the point that you're supposed to show up ...=
. and then .... with out a word ..... don't ever contact or respond to them=
 again.=20

That'd probably piss them off enough so that they wouldn't call you again.=
=20

It's like when the telemarketers call. Ask them to hold for a minute, put t=
he phone down and just leave it off hook. After a minute or so, they get th=
e point.

You waste my time .... I waste your time.