Re: Subcontract Frustration

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:53:13 AM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> "Frank Kurz" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0rKdnTx5y-FOw6fMn=
Z2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > On 3/7/2013 6:11 PM, Jim wrote: >> On Thu=
rsday, March 7, 2013 11:06:31 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote: >>> I pretty mu=
ch don't subcontract for anybody anymore. Even those >>> relationships whic=
h are good only last for a few years. As soon as they >>> say, "We need you=
 to help us out," its over. The beginning of the end at >>> best. They have=
 decided if they can't bend you over whenever they want >>> they'll get the=
 next guy who doesn't know any better. If you take it >>> once, they will t=
hen proceed to see how often and how hard you will take >>> it. Each time b=
eing a little worse then the rest until you are >>> hemorageing from every =
orifice and trying to make up the losses in >>> volume... Interestingly eve=
ry single time in the past when I have posted >>> on this group about how I=
 don't subcontract anymore some jackass calls >>> me up asking me if I'll s=
ervice their accounts in my town. When I say no >>> they try to rephrase th=
e question. I'm not kidding. >> >> >> >> How about telling them that you wi=
ll ...... and then .... just don't. >> Just yes them to death right up to t=
he point that you're supposed to show >> up .... and then .... with out a w=
ord ..... don't ever contact or respond >> to them again. >> >> That'd prob=
ably piss them off enough so that they wouldn't call you >> again. >> >> It=
's like when the telemarketers call. Ask them to hold for a minute, put >> =
the phone down and just leave it off hook. After a minute or so, they get >=
> the point. >> >> You waste my time .... I waste your time. >> > > > Aroun=
d here putting the phone down isn't an option. After a few seconds > they h=
ang up and call back. And it doesn't matter how you tell them... I > don't =
want your cable TV. I don't have time to watch TV. I disconnected > the TV =
three years ago and nothing has changed to alter the previous two > stateme=
nts. I did manage to get one over on one of the more persistent > individua=
ls, though... He told me that he could save me hundreds of > dollars over m=
y current TV bundle. I told him that would be hard to do > since it current=
ly costs me "nothing", but if he was willing to send me > the "hundreds of =
dollars" in savings, I would really appreciate it. > > :-) Lately I have be=
en repeated getting calls on my Cell Phone, from Washington State and Calif=
ornia (Caller ID) which supposedly is generated from Tennessee asking me to=
 place a security sign in my front yard and install a "FREE" GE Security sy=
stem valued at $850.00. Yea, right!!! Pressing 2 or 9 as instructed does no=
t work since the robo calls still happen. So I have been pressing a 1 to sp=
eak to a representative. Since they want to hang up as soon as they get a h=
int of a uncooperative caller I have been playing along by asking questions=
. Like, a "FREE" system?? How is that possible??" "What is the model of the=
 system" etc. "How much is this free system going to really cost me." I try=
 to keep them on as long as possible to eat up their time. I have been aske=
d a number of times "Sir, do you have a Security System in your home??" I t=
ry to explain how insulting and stupid that question is to answer on the ph=
one to a person I do not know. Sometimes when I don't have time when a huma=
n gets on the line and ask if I am interested in a Free Security System. I =
just blurt out. "Please tell your boss he is a asshole". Then it is a race =
to see who hangs up the fastest. The sad part is that they would not be doi=
ng this crap is people weren't buy into the scam. Les

I guess it's just thst New Yorkers are nastier people or ..... maybe it's j=
ust me. I can't tell you how many times I've told them to send a sales pers=
on and make an appointment for them to come to the house ( sometimes even a=
 different address) when I know I'm not going to be home. I've had some cal=
l three and four times to re-schedule the appointment.=20

What better way is there to tell them that they're not wanted then to take =
away from their profit. Hanging up the phone doesn't do a thing to stop the=
m. You're got to waste their time.