Re: Subcontract Frustration

On 3/7/2013 6:11 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:06:31 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> I pretty much don't subcontract for anybody anymore. Even those relationships which are good only last for a few years. As soon as they say, "We need you to help us out," its over. The beginning of the end at best. They have decided if they can't bend you over whenever they want they'll get the next guy who doesn't know any better. If you take it once, they will then proceed to see how often and how hard you will take it. Each time being a little worse then the rest until you are hemorageing from every orifice and trying to make up the losses in volume... Interestingly every single time in the past when I have posted on this group about how I don't subcontract anymore some jackass calls me up asking me if I'll service their accounts in my town. When I say no they try to rephrase the question. I'm not kidding.
>

> How about telling them that you will ...... and then .... just don't. Just yes them to death right up to the point that you're supposed to show up .... and then .... with out a word ..... don't ever contact or respond to them again.
>
> That'd probably piss them off enough so that they wouldn't call you again.
>
> It's like when the telemarketers call. Ask them to hold for a minute, put the phone down and just leave it off hook. After a minute or so, they get the point.
>
> You waste my time .... I waste your time.

Around here putting the phone down isn't an option.  After a few seconds
they hang up and call back.  And it doesn't matter how you tell them...
  I don't want your cable TV.  I don't have time to watch TV.  I
disconnected the TV three years ago and nothing has changed to alter the
previous two statements.  I did manage to get one over on one of the
more persistent individuals, though...  He told me that he could save me
hundreds of dollars over my current TV bundle.  I told him that would be
hard to do since it currently costs me "nothing", but if he was willing
to send me the "hundreds of dollars" in savings, I would really
appreciate it.

:-)